First of all, you must differentiate the spaces in which you are going to cultivate. Garden or patio? Differences in size are what set the guidelines. Thus, the cultivation of cabbage in a garden is not the same as in a patio. Therefore, here is the list of vegetables ideal for both sites. Out of doubt!
Vegetables ideal for the garden (more space):
- Swiss thistle
- Sweet corn
- Green peas
- Brussels sprouts
- Broad beans
Vegetables ideal for a patio (many of them, the same as for the garden, so we recommend that you plant them in your "baby" version to have more space and to plant more species):
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green peas
- Green beans
What pests should you fight on both fronts? Take note:
Y What groups of vegetables are perfect for planting together? Well, to complete the guide, here are some tips:
- Next to the tomatoes you can plant onions, cabbage and carrots.
- If you plant onions, you can plant not only tomatoes, but also carrots, lettuce, cabbage or beets.
- In the case of planting potatoes, you can do it with corn, cabbage, peas or beans.
- If you plant beets, group it in the garden with broccoli, onions, Brussels sprouts or Swiss thistle.
- And the cabbage? Ideal for planting with tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, spinach, Swiss thistle, cabbage or Brussels sprouts.
Why tomato and cabbage? For the ease of tomatoes to repel the caterpillars that feed on the latter. And like them, for example, radishes and cucumbers, an ideal pair to protect themselves since radishes repel cucumber beetles.
And now ... gloves, pots, shovels ... And action!