Intense flavor meats that need little preparation to be really appetizing although they can also be part of more elaborate recipes. We present you exquisite dishes made with pork and game (rabbit, quail).Advertising - Keep reading under 1 Rabbit with vegetables
Ingredients for 4 people):- 1 chopped rabbit
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 2 large chives
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
Cut very small Carrot and zucchini. Wash and chop the scallions.
Prepare the mash with a pinch of rosemary, one of thyme, juice of half a lemon and olive oil. Pepper the rabbit into pieces and place in the center of a large aluminum foil. Put the vegetables on the meat and water with the mash.
Cover with foil and close the package by firmly tightening all the folds. Put in the oven previously heated at 180º C for 50 minutes. Bring to the table in the same wrapper over a fountain.2 cheeks with mushrooms in honey sauce Spain
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE):- 8 pork cheeks
- 4 large carrots
- 2 turnips
- 1 onion
- 200 g of fleshy mushrooms to taste (shiitake, boletus ...)
- 1/2 l of vegetable stock
- 1 glass of red wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Extra virgin olive oil
Peel the onion and chop it very thin. Peel the carrots and turnips. Chop both ingredients and turn them. Cook them in boiling water with salt and set aside.
In a saucepan thick bottom put a bottom of oil and poach the onion. Add the wine, let reduce a few minutes, add the broth and honey and leave to heat to reduce a little more. Pass the sauce through the blender and put in a large saucepan.
Pepper the cheeks and mark them on the plate. Clean the mushrooms, chop them and saute them. Add the cheeks and mushrooms to the sauce pan and simmer for 30 minutes. Lightly skip the carrots and turnips that had been reserved. Serve the meat with the sauce and the vegetable garnish.
CALORIES: 480. TIME: 60 minutes. PRICE: € 5.3 Pork cheeks with applesauce Spain
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE):- 800 g of pork cheeks
- 4 medium sized apples
- 1 onion
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1/2 l of meat broth
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cinnamon powder
- 1 piece of lemon peel
- 1 glass of water
- Freshly ground pepper
Peel the apples, Take away their hearts and chop them up. Put them to cook in a saucepan with the water, the lemon peel, a couple of tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon to taste. Let simmer until the compote is ready. Remove the lemon peel and reserve the compote.
Pepper the cheeks and mark them on the plate. Peel the onion and chop it very thin. Put a large casserole on the fire with a bottom of oil and poach the onion. Add the wine and the broth and mix. Toast a tablespoon of flour and add it to the casserole. Add the cheeks and cook until done, about 30 minutes.
When the cheeks they are in their point, to take them out of the casserole and to place them in a source or in the plates of serving. Pass the sauce through the blender and sauté the meat; Serve with the compote.
CALORIES: 560. TIME: 50 minutes. PRICE: € 8.4 Quail on vine leaves Spain
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE):- 8 quail
- 8 vine leaves
- 1 dl of brandy
- 200 g of grapes
- 200 g of rice
- 1 dl oil
Preheat the oven to 190º C. Clean the quail, reserve their little livers and salt and pepper. Sauté them in a pan with oil until they are golden brown.
Remove the quail from the pan and reserve them until they cool a little. Wrap them in the vine leaves, place them in a previously greased baking dish and water with the brandy. Bake for 15 minutes.
Peel the grapes and chop the livers. Cook the rice in boiling water with salt. Drain well. In a pan with oil, saute the grapes and the liver with the rice. Serve the quail with a side of rice with liver and grapes.
CALORIES: 700. TIME: 40 minutes. PRICE: € 7.80.5 Quail with aromatic tomatoes Spain
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE):- 8 quail
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 red pepper
- 500 ml of vegetable stock
- 1 dl of white wine
- 4 small tomatoes
- Olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200º C. Clean and pepper the quail. Heat a pan with oil and brown the quail on both sides.
Peel and chop the onion, the carrot, a clove of garlic and the half pepper. Put these vegetables in a baking dish, place the quail on top and water with the wine and the broth. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes by turning the quail halfway through cooking.
Peel the garlic remaining and crush them in the mortar. Wash the tomatoes, dry them and cut them into slices. Place them on a baking sheet. Spread over the crushed garlic, sprinkle with rosemary and oregano and water with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve the quail with the garnish of roasted tomatoes.
CALORIES: 402. TIME: 60 minutes. PRICE: € 11.6 Rabbit pickled with rice Spain
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)- 1 rabbit
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 celery branch
- 150 g of rice
- 8 olives
- 125 ml of white wine
- 250 ml of olive oil
- 125 ml of vinegar
- 1 parsley branch
- 2 peppercorns
- 2 nails
Chop the rabbit and pepper it. Peel and chop the onions and carrots. Heat a casserole with a little oil, saute the rabbit for a few minutes and add the vegetables.
Crush the garlic clove along with parsley, peppercorns and cloves. Add to the casserole together with the celery branch, the vinegar, the wine and the remaining oil. Lower the heat and let cook until the rabbit is tender.
Cook the rice in boiling water with salt until it is ready. Halfway through cooking add the olives. Remove from heat and drain well. Serve the rabbit with the rice.
CALORIES: 480. TIME: 60 minutes. PRICE: € 9.7 Rabbit stewed with artichokes Spain
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE):- 2 rabbits
- 100 g of frozen peas
- 100 g of natural tomato, peeled and chopped
- 200 g of artichoke hearts
- 1 small can of Piquillo peppers
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 chopped onions
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 3 cups of bird broth
- 120 ml of white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
- 30 ml of olive oil
Chop the rabbits. Preheat the oven to 190º C. Put half of the oil in a clay pot and sauté the garlic and rabbit until lightly browned. Remove from source and reserve.
In the same casserole, Heat the remaining oil and sauté the onion two minutes. Add the previously washed rice and stir for a few minutes. Add the broth, wine and herbs and bring to a boil. Cook ten minutes over medium heat.
Add the rabbit, the peas, the tomato and the artichokes. Rectify seasoning, cover and remove from heat. Put the dish in the oven and bake m40 minutes. Remove, add the pepper in strips and serve in the same clay pot.
CALORIES: 386. TIME: 60 minutes. PRICE: € 14.8 Grilled Pork Ribs Spain
CALORIES: 650. TIME: 40 minutes. PRICE: € 6.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 1 kg of pork ribs • 1 clove of garlic • 2 dl of extra virgin olive oil • 1/2 chili pepper • 1 pinch of sugar • 1 sprig of parsley • 1 sprig of oregano • Salt • Pepper
1. Cut the pork ribs into several more or less equal pieces. Peel the garlic and remove the germ. Wash and dry the parsley and oregano. Chop these three ingredients.
2.Put the garlic, parsley, oregano, chilli, sugar and oil in a bowl. Crush with the electric mixer, salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
3. Heat a grill or iron over a high heat with a little oil and put the ribs on top. When they take color, turn them over, pepper them and let them brown on the other side. When they reach the desired cooking point, remove them from the heat. Place them on the plates or in a serving dish and spread over the mixture of herbs, oil and chillies. Serve with a side of salad or chips if desired.
CALORIES: 380. TIME: 20 minutes. PRICE: € 12.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 2 pickled quail • 1 onion • 150 g of mixed lettuce • 150 g of currants • 9 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil • 3 tablespoons of currant vinegar • 2 tablespoons of aromatic herbs • Salt • Pepper
1. Peel the onion and chop it very thin. Put it in a bowl with aromatic herbs, redcurrant vinegar, pepper and add, little by little and without stopping stirring, olive oil. Reserve this vinaigrette.
2. Wash the lettuces, chop them and drain them well. Clean the currants. Chop the pickled quail.
3. Assemble the dishes with the lettuce, the currants and the quail pieces. Dress with the redcurrant vinaigrette and serve.10 Hare stew with vegetables Spain
CALORIES: 490. TIME: 60 minutes. PRICE: € 16.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 1 hare • 1 onion • 2 cloves of garlic • 1 carrot • 2 l of vegetable stock • 1 l of red wine • 100 ml of olive oil • 100 ml of brandy • 2 bay leaves • 2 branches of thyme • 1 rosemary branch • 2 peppercorns • Salt • Pepper
1. Clean and chop the hare. Put it in a large bowl, add the bay leaf, rosemary, thyme and peppercorns and cover with the red wine. Cover the container and let it macerate in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours before use.
2. Drain the hare pieces of the maceration liquid well and brown them in a clay pot with olive oil. Remove them from the casserole. Peel and chop the onion, garlic and carrot. Saute these three ingredients in the casserole with the same oil having browned the meat.
3. Add the hare to the casserole, salt and pepper and water with the brandy. Let cook a few minutes, add the broth and cook until the hare is tender. Add water or broth as the stew needs. Rectify seasoning and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.11 Pork loin with salt Spain
CALORIES: 396. TIME: 60 minutes. PRICE: € 9.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 1.5 kg of loin tape in one piece • 2 cloves of garlic • 40 g of lard • 2 kg of fat salt • 1 tablespoon of various chopped herbs (bay leaf, thyme, parsley) • Applesauce to accompany
1. Crush the garlic and mix with the herbs and butter. Spread the pork loin with this mixture and let it rest for 30 min.
2.Lightly moisten the fat salt with a little water; Reserve. Cover the baking sheet with waxed paper. Form a compact layer of salt on top, with a quarter of the 2 kilos, so that it is slightly larger than the dimensions of the meat. Place the loin on top and cover it with the rest of the salt, pressing lightly with your hands, to form a thick and consistent layer.
3. Roast the loin in a preheated oven at 180º C for approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, carefully break the salt crust and carve the loin into thin slices. Serve with apple sauce.
CALORIES: 360. TIME: 30 minutes. PRICE: € 5.40.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 400 g of pork prey • 12 green asparagus • 4 shallots • 1 truffle • Extra virgin olive oil • Salt • Black pepper
1. Peel and slice the shallots. Wash and chop the asparagus, removing the hard part of the stem. In a pan with a little oil, sauté the shallots and asparagus.
2. Cut four squares of paraffin paper or aluminum foil. Spread the vegetables on the four papers. Place the pork fillets on top. Season with salt and pepper, add a dash of olive oil and the grated truffle.
3. Close the paper leaving a chimney in the center. Bake at 170º C for 15 minutes. Remove the paper carefully and serve the fillets of prey with the vegetable garnish.13 Baked partridges Spain
CALORIES: 320. TIME: 40 minutes. PRICE: € 15.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 4 partridges • 2 small onions • 100 g of sliced bacon • 30 ml of bird broth • 60 g of butter • 1 tablespoon of flour • Salt • Freshly ground black pepper • 2 cloves of garlic • 1 l of broth meat • 4 dl of red wine • 1 branch of parsley • 2 peppercorns • 1 dl of olive oil • Salt • Pepper
1. Heat the oven to 200º C. Clean the partridges, dry and rub the skin and the interior with salt and pepper. Peel and cut the onions in two and introduce a half in each partridge.
2. Tie the partridges. Place the bacon on top and put them on the oven grill. Roast for 40 minutes. During cooking melt the butter and water the birds with it.
3. Collect the juice from cooking and strain it. Brown the flour in a pan, mix with the cooking juice and add, little by little, the bird broth until you get a sauce tied. Serve the partridges accompanied with this sauce.14 prey rolls with apple Spain
CALORIES: 390. TIME: 40 minutes. PRICE: € 7.50.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 800 g of fillet of prey • 2 onions • 2 apples • 1 glass of beef stock • 1 glass of white wine • Extra virgin olive oil • 1 teaspoon of mustard • Salt • Pepper
1.Peel the onions and chop them in fine julienne. Peel the apples, take away their hearts and chop them into small dice. Put a large pan on the fire with a bottom of oil and heat it. Poach the onion. Add the apple and saute. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Put the fillets of prey on a kitchen board or a smooth surface and flatten them lightly by pressing with the blade of a fairly wide knife or with a roller. Spread the sautéed onion and apples in the center of the fillets and carefully form the rolls.
3. Hold the rolls with chopsticks and fry them until they are done. Reserve. In a bowl, mix the oil to fry the meat, the wine, the broth and the mustard. Move to a casserole and heat. Add the rolls and let them simmer for 5 minutes. To serve.
CALORIES: 460. TIME: 40 minutes. PRICE: € 7.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 4 thick fillets of prey • 1 large onion • 1 red pepper • 1 Italian green pepper • 1 large zucchini • 1 large eggplant • Extra virgin olive oil • Salt • Freshly ground pepper
1. Wash the eggplant, cut it into thick slices, season it with salt and let it stand to release the bitterness. Meanwhile, peel the onion and chop it into small pieces. Wash, peel the peppers and chop them like the onion. Wash the zucchini and with a vegetable peeler scrape the peel and set aside. Chop the pulp into small cubes. Wash the eggplant slices and cut them like the rest of the vegetables.
2.Put a large pan on the fire with a bottom of oil. Poach the onion a few minutes. Add the peppers, zucchini and eggplant, season with salt and let simmer over low heat. Salpimentar the fillets of prey and cook them on the grill.
3. Cut the zucchini peel that had been reserved in very thin julienne, blanch it, dry it well and fry it. Assemble the dishes with a background of vegetables and the steaks topped with fried zucchini peel.16 Secret mushroom stuffing Spain
CALORIES: 494. TIME: 60 minutes. PRICE: € 7.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 600 g of secret in two pieces • 200 g of seasonal mushrooms • 100 g of Iberian ham • 1 onion • 1 carrot • 1 zucchini • 1 eggplant • 2 potatoes • 200 ml of white wine • Salt and pepper
1. Clean the vegetables and mushrooms and cut them into julienne. Sauté them with a little oil in the following order: first the onion, then the carrot, zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms.
2. Once sauteed, add the ham cut in julienne and remove (must be al dente). Put to salt point and reserve. Make a cut in the meat, without breaking the pieces so that they are like a book.
3. Fill them with the vegetables, tie them, salt and pepper and bake at 200º C, for 1 h. Remove the meat and add the wine on the tray; Let reduce and reserve. Cut the potatoes in fine julienne and fry them in olive oil. Reserve them on absorbent paper. Chop the meat and serve it with the fries ...17 Hare Terrine Spain
CALORIES: 554. TIME: 60 minutes. PRICE: € 15.
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)• 700 g of hare • 200 g of chicken livers • 200 g of fresh sausages or sausage • 1 onion • 1 clove of garlic • 400 ml of red wine • 50 ml of brandy • 50 ml of olive oil • 1 branch of thyme • 1 rosemary branch • 4 peppercorns • Salt • Pepper
1. Chop the meat from the hare and put it in a large bowl. Crush the garlic, thyme, rosemary and peppercorns. Salt and mix with the wine. Water the hare with this preparation and let it macerate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 200º C. Peel and chop the onion. Stew it in a pan with olive oil. Add the minced figs, water with the brandy and leave for 10 minutes. Pepper and remove from heat.
3. Mix sautéed liver with drained hare meat and sausage meat; salt and pepper Fill a terrine pan and cook in a water bath for 1 hour. Remove from the oven, let cool, unmold and serve sliced.